Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Night Snow


Hello,

This picture is one of the most interesting firsts for me with a camera.  I had been getting used to my Nikon and was looking for different techniques to try when I read about long shutter times.  Literally as I was reading the article it started to snow and I thought I should try it.  Of course handheld didn't work to well so I went out to the middle of my yard and put my camera on the ground.

This did the trick and I was happy with the results.  It's great that I have a shallow depth of field with a long shutter and because of that I have a little bit of bokeh. The straw grass is a wonderful contrast to the fresh white snow.  The fence in the background gives it a little bit depth but not in the way.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment