Friday, November 30, 2012

Rock Flowering Succulent


Hello,

As you read in the last post I have always had a lot of plants around me growing up and succulent type plants were always my favorite.  They are hardy and seem to be able to grow in places that even grass refuse to grow.  Some like cactus you shouldn't touch but when they bloom and fruit out that's all I wanted to do.  Most of the year these plants are almost boring but for that short amount of time they are like a supernova burning bright.

This one was flowering with that wonderful yellow and orange flower.  It was growing out of a rock crack on a wall that was three feet off the ground.  By the looks of things I had missed two other flowers but that meant that this third was most likely the last for this year.  It struggles, survives, and looks great doing it as well.

Thank you for looking.