Monday, January 14, 2013

Plum on Trunk

Hello,

Nature never ceases to amaze me almost daily with something unusual.  I happened on this plum during the summer heat and knew I had to take a photo of it.  It may be difficult to see but the plum is growing not from a limb or branch but from the trunk of the tree.  It looks to me that maybe an old scar or cut was the starting point for this very health plum.

I think that after the amazement of the plum itself wears off what I love about this picture most of all is the different textures.  The green leafs have a very nice smooth texture that reflects the light nicely.  The bark has both a rough texture but also a dirty one from the dirt and grime in the dark part.  Then the plum has that velvet like and feel to it that all plums do.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment