Thursday, January 10, 2013

Praying Mantis

Hello,

When I moved into my house I had to work on the garden a little bit because it was a little bit overgrown and continuing to do so daily.  As I was pruning the outside hedge I found a praying mantis egg case and then another one in a small bush near the house.  I was happy that hopefully I wouldn't have to deal with as many insects this summer.I was so happy when I was able to watch one of the cases hatches with hundreds of mini mantis running around and trying to get away.  

I was looking forward to seeing them in the garden all summer long but I never saw a one until this one was at my front door one day.  Literally it was at my front door like it wanted to get in but I couldn't let it in, the wife would kill me then it.  I picked it up and put it onto one of my trees and then took it's photo as it looked happier on my tree then the ground. The next day I saw the fighting mantis from my other post.

Thank you very much for reading.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment