Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mean Pigeon

Hello,

Near Nagano train station there is a bus stop that has a big flock of pigeons and that is where this picture was taken.  You can see elderly people feeding the birds along side children chasing after them daily.  They are so used to people and the surroundings that you can walk right up to most of them and if you have bread they will follow you.

This was one of the first days that it reached freezing at night so I can imagine that this bird was fluffing out to stay warm.  Even though I don't feed pigeons I still find the multiple colored feathers around the neck to be intriguing somewhat like a pearl essence paint.  His red eye watching me makes me think he doesn't like me even though I was close enough to touch him.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment